LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
The aim of the game is to collect the gold bricks scattered through out the game. In the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions there are 160 to collect; 120 of these are for the main levels. There are three for each of the levels. One is for completing the level in story mode, the second is for collecting a set amount of studs/coins to achieve a "True Jedi" status and the third is by collecting the 10 LEGO canisters which are hidden around the level. There are 20 gold bricks for completing the Bounty Hunter missions which involve finding key members of the Republic and Rebellion for Jabba the Hutt's capture and subsequent ransom. There are six gold bricks for completing the bonus missions and 14 to buy at the Cantina.
There are 36 story levels, 20 bounty hunter missions, and six bonus levels (two Lego Cities, two story levels, and the original pod race and gunship levels). Most of the story levels are the same as those found in the original games. A level involving the pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wesell has been added (this was a deleted level from LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game), while another level that was cut from the first game (Anakin's starship battle from Episode I) is included as a bonus level. This level utilizes vehicle free-roam from the second game.
The game takes place from "the Trade Federation's negotiations" above Naboo in Episode I: The Phantom Menace to the space battle above Endor in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. The "Gunship Cavalry" and "Mos Espa Podrace" levels have been redesigned although the original versions are still in the game as bonus levels. However, "Battle over Coruscant" remains the same except that players can change vehicles in free-play. A brand new 2-player Battle Arena mode has been added, called "arcade mode", new vehicle bonus missions, the red power bricks from Lego Star Wars II, and 10 additional bounty hunter missions add new challenges to the Prequel Trilogy portions originally seen in Lego Star Wars: The Video Game. The Episodes I-II-III levels have been updated so that characters can build and ride vehicles, wear helmets and gain access to bounty hunter and stormtrooper areas, and those characters now have the ability to dodge blaster fire and have their own special melee attack (for example, Chewbacca rips off arms). New Jedi Force moves are included (force lightning and force choke). New characters have also been added, bringing the total up to 160. Indiana Jones is an unlockable playable character (to foreshadow Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures).
When the game is 100% complete, a 'secret' bonus is unlocked which allows your customizable characters to use the force, lightsaber attack damage is increased, and any character can use a grapple point among many other enhanced abilities.
- The LEGO Star Wars premiere of online two-player co-op lets families play together from anywhere in the world for the first time.
- New high-resolution LEGO models and characters, along with new environment graphics and special effects, create visuals unparalleled by any other LEGO galaxy far, far away.
- Families can commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars by playing through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever.
- Solve puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.
- Adds new levels, new characters and new features to the fun, creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor that made LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy such huge hits.
- New levels, such as Episode II's never-before-played high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell, further complete the entire Star Wars story.
- New playable characters like Watto, Zam Wessell, Boss Nass and more bring the total count to over 160.
- The upgraded Character Customizer includes all Prequel Trilogy characters for the first time, while also expanding its customization options well beyond those in LEGO Star Wars II, for millions more possibilities.
- Create cross-Trilogy mash-up characters like Han Windu and Lando Amidala.
- New game features include enhanced Force powers, new power-ups, and a new Challenge Mode.
- Levels from the original LEGO Star Wars are revamped to meet the gameplay evolutions of LEGO Star Wars II.
- For the first time, every Prequel Trilogy character -- even those without the Force -- can build, as well as jump into and out of the vehicles they create.
- Redesigned "Mos Espa Podrace" and "Gunship Cavalry" levels now encourage the open vehicle gameplay of LEGO Star Wars II.
- New bonus levels and 10 additional Bounty Hunter Missions offer new challenges in the Prequel Trilogy.